Team parents are just as important as coaches are to a team. Team parents help with many important team and player-related activities allowing the coaches to focus more on training and developing their players. Responsibilities may include:
- distributing team uniforms
- organizing team for Opening Day parade and Picture Day
- maintaining schedule of volunteers to help with field prep and maintenance before/after games
- distributing treat tickets to players
- handing out forms and surveys to parents
- coordinating season-ending gathering for team
The 2012 Team Parent Orientation was conducted on Wednesday, April 11, 2012. To learn all the latest info and resources for the 2012 season, download the overview presentation shared at the meeting. And to simply learn more about being a Team Parent for your child’s team at OYO, contact Wendy Lankford, Team Parent Chairperson.