Exciting changes are in store and underway at OYO! In the summer of 2011, OYO has completed a brand new multi-purpose field near the northwest corner of the park. The field is currently called Field 12.
This is the first step in a series of additions and upgrades that the Board has planned over the next several seasons at the park. Other phases will include:
- Phase 2 – Rebuilding and moving Field 10 to far northeast corner of the park using slightly shorter outfield distances
- Phase 3 – Rebuilding and moving Field 11 to far northeast corner of the park using slightly shorter outfield distances
- Phase 4 – Shorten the outfield fence distance on Field 9 to accommodate eventual new multi-purpose Babe Ruth-sized field
- Phase 5 – Construct new Babe Ruth diamond
- Phase 6 – Resize and shift location of Field 8 to the north to accommodate eventual new concession stand
- Phase 7 – Construction of a centrally located concession stand with restrooms in this area of the park.
These improvements will certainly provide needed playing space as well as convenience for our teams and visitors to the facility while maintaining OYO’s reputation as a premier park.
Phase Project Date Projected Cost
I New Field 12 Completed $35,000
II Tear down 10 and rebuild it in corner 2011-2012 $30,000
III Tear down F11 to build new smaller field to the east 2011-2012 $25,000
IV Shorten Field 9 outfield fencing 2012 $15,000
V Build new Babe Ruth diamond in SE corner of park 2012-2013 $30,000
VI Modify Field 8 layout by relocating field slightly to the north 2013 $15,000
VII Concession Stand 2013-2014 $175,000
Totals 4 years $325,000