8U Softball is a coach-pitch softball program for girls ages 6- thru 8-year-old. Using traditional softball rules, 8U is structured in the following manner:
- Practices begin in mid-March and games begin in mid-April
- Teams will be scheduled for up to three games each weekincluding occasional doubleheaders on Saturdays
- Teams receive an expanded15-game-schedule with a no-make-up policy for rainouts
- Teams participate in a double-elimination tournament in mid-June
- Games are scheduled for six innings or 1 hour 40 minutes, whichever comes first
- Players receive five pitches to hit the ball in fair territory before striking out
- Fair play rule during regular season – every player must play in the infield and the outfield one inning in every game
- Coach pitching is done within an 8’ radius starting at 35’ and basepaths are 60’ long
- Teams use 11” softballs
- Other 8U Softball league game-specific rules are available at link
- OYO provides socks, team jersey, and shorts for each player. Players are responsible for cleats and their own baseball glove. Additional equipment (e.g. helmets, bats, etc.) is optional for players to purchase. Helmets, bats, balls, etc will be provided in the team equipment bag.
To learn more about 8U Softball, contact Erich Veigel.