10U Softball is a kid-pitch softball program for 9- and 10-year-old girls. Using traditional softball rules, 10U is structured in the following manner:
- Practices begin in mid-March and games begin in mid-April
- Teams will be scheduled for up to three games each week including occasional doubleheaders on Saturdays
- Teams receive an expanded 15-game-schedule with a no-make-up policy on rainouts
- Teams participate in a double-elimination tournament in mid-June
- Games are scheduled for six innings or 2 hours, whichever comes first
- Fair play rule during regular season – every player must play in the infield and the outfield one inning in every game
- Kid pitching is done from a 35’ pitching distance and basepaths are 60’ long
- Teams use 11” softballs
- Other 10U Softball league game-specific rules are available at link
- OYO provides socks, team jersey, and shorts for each player. Players are responsible for cleats and their own baseball glove. Additional equipment (e.g. helmets, bats, etc.) is optional for players to purchase as the team equipment bag will contain these items.
To learn more about 10U Softball, contact Debbie Mastrian.