Tee Ball is an introductory level co-ed baseball program to help introduce our youngest ballplayers to the game. This league is open to all four- and five-year-old boys and girls. Tee Ball is structured in the following manner:
- Practices begin in mid-March and games begin in mid-April
- Teams play two games per week – one weeknight, one Saturday game
- Teams receive an expanded14-game-schedule with a no-make-up policy on rainouts
- Players participate in four-inning games, half of team’s roster bats each inning (two at bats per game per player)
- Players receive five pitches and, if not successful, then hit off the tee
- Every player runs the bases in tee ball as “outs” are not called
- Teams use a RIF-1 baseball
- Pitching distance varies by batter and basepaths are 60’ long.
- At end of season, all players participate in “Future of OYO” parade and trophy distribution
- OYO provides hat, socks, and team jersey. Players are responsible for pants, cleats, and their own baseball glove. Additional equipment (e.g. helmets, bats, etc.) is optional for players to provide as the team equipment bag will contain these items.
To learn more about Tee-Ball, contact Brenda Schoenlein.