Minor is a kid-pitch baseball program for 9- and 10-year-olds. Using traditional baseball rules, Minor is structured in the following manner:
- Practices begin in mid-March and games begin in mid-April
- Teams will be scheduled for up to three games each week, including occasional doubleheaders on Saturdays
- Teams receive an expanded15-game-schedule with a no-make-up policy on rainouts
- Teams participate in a double-elimination tournament in mid-June
- Games are scheduled for six innings or 2 hours, whichever comes first
- Walks and steals are permitted
- Fair play rule during regular season – every player must play in the infield and the outfield one inning in every game
- Players pitch from a 46’ pitcher’s mound and basepaths are 65′ long.
- Other Minor league game-specific rules are available at link
- OYO provides hat, socks, and team jersey. Players are responsible for pants, cleats, and their own baseball glove. Additional equipment (e.g. helmets, bats, etc.) is optional for players to provide as the team equipment bag will contain these items.
To learn more about Minor, contact Grant Clapacs.