OAKLANDON YOUTH ORGANIZATION
Oaklandon Youth Organization, Inc. is an all-volunteer youth baseball and softball organization established in 1975. OYO provides youth baseball and softball recreational leagues for children, regardless of ability, under a “fairplay” atmosphere focusing on player participation, training, and development. OYO is a chartered National Babe Ruth Baseball League, for ages 13 and up, and is the area’s first official Cal Ripken Division Baseball League for ages 5 through 12.
This national affiliation affords our teams opportunities to compete in district, regional, and national competition, leading to a potential national championship. OYO plays and practices at the Veterans Memorial Park, the premier baseball and softball facility in the area, with eleven fields, three of which are lighted. We provide a full service concession stand and permanent, clean restroom facilities.
As OYO continues to grow, more volunteers are needed to continue to keep OYO as one of the best youth baseball and softball leagues in Central Indiana!
- PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES –
OYO is a bipartisan, non-sectarian, not-for-profit Corporation the purpose of which is to provide an instructional youth sports organization for the children of our community.
- To encourage community pride and participation in our youth sports program.
- To promote the safety and well being of the organization’s participants.
- To promote a spirit of friendliness, cooperation, and communication among the organization’s participants.
- To foster such new legislation, secure enforcement of rules and laws, or institute any actions deemed advisable to protect or enhance the reputation of the organization.
- To ensure that the organization is handled in a professional manner.